Trauma and Addiction
February 8, 2022 @ 8:30 am - February 9, 2022 @ 4:00 pm MST$20.00 – $150.00
Arizona Trauma Institute has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6677. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Arizona Trauma Institute is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
CE Hours Awarded: 12 Platinum & Gold Options only
Registration button is located at the bottom of the page.
This training will provide a basic review of trauma, exploring how trauma is created and stored in the brain, body and nervous system. Fundamental information provided regarding how substances and their long- and short-term effects help people deal with trauma symptoms in the form of mitigating and adapting behaviors. Training includes exploration of motivation and meaning behind behaviors related to addiction and recovery from addiction. Attendees will also receive thorough overview of various types of compulsions and addictions as well as biology and predisposition to addiction. Training will provide explanation of the culture of addiction and treatment, a focus on moving from a pathogenic approach of treating addiction to a salutogenic approach. Finally, the discussion will look at current assessment tools and treatment processes for addiction offering insight and direction on how to enhance trauma informed delivery.
- Participants will demonstrate an enhanced focus on self-regulation and engage in practice of self-regulation tools to be utilized for nervous system regulation.
- Participants will demonstrate understanding of medicated assisted treatment, peer support and recovery support groups and be able to discuss how these treatments and tools impact addiction.
- Participants will discuss how trauma is reflective of changes in the brain, nervous system and body and explore how the threat response system changes the chemistry of the body thus impacting thinking, feeling and behaving.
- Participants will explore Adverse Childhood Experiences data and understand impact of ACEs on health outcomes and adaptive/mitigating behaviors through creation of procedural memory.
- Participants will be able to explain how to support resiliency and competency in recovery from trauma and addiction, and how to support resiliency and competency via treatment delivery and assessment.
- Participants will identify evidence-based treatment interventions for substance use disorders/addiction and co-occurring disorders and explore use of active ingredients approach for trauma healing.
- Participants will understand cultural humility and cultural competency with expanded ability to offer services to diverse and minority populations through trauma informed and inclusive treatment approaches.
- Participants will differentiate between Salutogenic and Pathogenic approaches to treatment and utilize case studies to gain a better understanding of positive treatment outcomes using Salutogenic model.
Materials that are included in this course may include interventions and modalities that are beyond the authorized scope of expertise or license of professionals. As a licensed professional, you are responsible for reviewing the scope of practice, including activities that are defined in law as beyond the boundaries of practice in accordance with and in compliance with your profession’s standards.
Additionally, many of the topics being taught would require supervision and/or mentorship is not included in this course.
Credits listed below are for full attendance of the live training. Attendees will sign in upon arrival and after lunch. At the end of the training, attendees will be given an evaluation to complete. After completing the evaluation attendees will receive a certificate of completion for the training.
Arizona Trauma Institute does not issue partial certificates of completion.
NOTE: Credits do not include time for breaks or lunch.
CE Hours Awarded: 12 Platinum & Gold Options only
Presenter- Lindsay Rothschild, LCSW, CCTP, TCYM, SAP
Lindsay Rothschild, LCSW, CCTP, TCYM, SAP, is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with over a decade of experience working in the field of behavioral health. Her role as the Intake Director for Arizona’s largest free-standing psychiatric hospital system afforded her substantial experience serving those with mental health and substance abuse challenges in inpatient and outpatient settings.
Through her extensive work in an acute care setting, Lindsay has come to understand the complex impact of trauma on the mind, body and soul. Her passion for treating the whole person led her to deep dive into the exploration of holistic practices including movement, breath, meditation, mindfulness and nutrition. Lindsay studied Holistic Nutrition at the Southwest Institute of Healing Arts in 2018 and went on to study Trauma Informed Yoga at the Trauma-Conscious Yoga Institute in 2019. Lindsay is certified in the Trauma-Conscious Yoga Method™ and continues to study under founder, Nityda Gessel. As a leader in the trauma informed mission and mindset, Lindsay openly shares about her own journey of discovery and her continued commitment to personal growth.
Lindsay has facilitated trainings for first responders, law enforcement personnel and educators in the community in an effort to promote awareness around Trauma Informed Care and the effects of Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs). She currently works for a major airline offering substance abuse professionals services and trauma informed coaching. Lindsay is the owner of Roots to Rise, PLLC in Tempe, Arizona where she provides psychotherapy, coaching, trauma informed yoga and substance abuse professional services. Lindsay draws from her rich personal and professional experience with Eastern and Western healing modalities to offer unique, experiential trainings exclusively at Arizona Trauma Institute.
IN-PERSON – PLATINUM OPTION
Arizona Trauma Institute
49 South Sycamore Street, Suite 2
Mesa, Arizona 85202
LIVE WEBINAR – GOLD OPTION
PLEASE NOTE: that you must participate in the Live Webinar on a computer, or laptop, NOT a phone or tablet. The system keeps track of each person attending the Live Webinar and how long they attended. Your attendance cannot be tracked on a phone, so it will appear that you did not attend, thus, you would not be eligible to receive a Certificate of Completion. In addition, you must attend for the duration of the Live Webinar to receive your Certificate of Completion.
By signing up for this course, you are opting in to receive our newsletter. You may unsubscribe at any time.
- February 8, 2022 @ 8:30 am MST
- February 9, 2022 @ 4:00 pm MST
- $20.00 – $150.00
- Event Category:
- Attachment and Eating Disorders
- Arizona Trauma Institute
November 9 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm MST
November 15 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm MST
November 18 @ 8:30 am - 4:00 pm MST